It is a specialised music and entertainment institute with the purpose of identifying, training, accompany and showcasing young people with exceptional potentials and passion in music and arts.
The Lionn Academy for Arts and Entertainment, under the leadership of celebrated Cameroonian Artist Mr Leo, in Partnership with The Canada High Commission in Cameroon, Local Youth Corner, Escale Bantoo, and the Mentorship of DJ Fredy Muks announces the opening of applications for the first cohort of its music performance and music business training program.
The goal of the project is to promote the socioeconomic integration of young people (especially women, IDP, and minorities) in arts and entertainment. We expect to provide orientation and capacity building for 15 semi-professionals, to give them a better understanding of the ecosystem and tools that can favour their chances of being successful and building sustainable careers.
This first cohort will undergo a 3 months regurus training. This cohort will be made up of 15 young people (10 for music performance track, and 5 for Music Business track). Four of the trainees in the music performance track will be selected at the end to undergo a 2 weeks production residency program under the mentorship of Mr Leo.
While the primary goal of the project is training, the candidates will also be assisted with a basic minimum package to help them kickstart their careers including a grand live showcase.
- Applications open on 2 September and Close on the 25th of September.
- Interview of shortlisted candidates 26 – 29 September
- The list of Selected candidates will be announced by the 30th of September
- Training will begin on the Monday 3 October – 23 December 2022
- The Residence Program will begin on 4th January – 18th Janauary
- Live Showcase will be on 30th January (tentative)
- Classes happen every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 4PM – 8:00 PM
- Special Scholarship to candidates out of Douala
Benefits of the program:
- 3 Months of Training in Music Performace & Music Business
- Career guidance and orientation
- Possibility to be selected for the residence program which will include 2 intensive weeks of music production, and result in the production of a joint extended play album for the 4 participants with Mr Leo and other celebrated artists
- Possibility to showcase at the Lionn Academy Annual Showcase, which brings about several industry professionals and the general public
- Artistsic pack which includes: photoshoot, live performance video, music video, press book
- Connection/exposure to record labels, managers, booking agents, mentors etc within the industry
- An opportunity to interact with global influencers and leaders from different sectors.
- A Certificate of Completion
- The call is open to both female and male singers, and performing artists
- Must be 18 to 35 years old
- Music performance candidates Must be able to play an instrument or create instrumentals
- Must submit a video link of him/her singing acapella while playing an instrument or an instrumental (beat) (Youtube)
- Applicants with a disability, from minority groups and IDPs, will be prioritised.
Terms and Conditions
- The primary location for the training shall be at Lionn Academy Headquarters in Douala
- Each candidate should be able to cover transportation to and fro the Academy for the duration of the training and associated activities.
- Lionn Academy and its partners may offer housing/feeding scholarships for a maximum of 5 candidates (priority given to IDP, and candidates based out of Douala)
- All Music Performance candidates shall be required to take music business classes
- Selected candidates must be available for the full training and validate the courses for the certificate to be awarded
- Being selected into the Academy does not infer a record deal or any sort of partnership with the ACADEMY or Lionn Productions
- Lionn Academy shall be the exclusive/priority publisher, and record label for content produced during the training and residence programs
- Trainings shall be done in either French or English depending on the course
Interested candidates can submit their applications at https://forms.gle/GM7zpKbwgyixSzVe7